To cook the chicken:
Chicken – 1kg
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
chilli powder -1tsp
To make masala:
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Onion – 3 nos sliced
Green chilli – 3 nos chopped
Few Curry leaves
Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tsp
Tomato – 2 nos chopped
Turmeric powder – 1/4 Tsp
Chili powder – 1/2Tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/2 Tsp
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander leaves
1. Pressure cook the chicken by adding the chicken, some salt, turmeric powder,chilli powder and water in the cooker.
2. Let it cook on a medium flame until you get five whistles.
3. Once cooked, remove the chicken pieces from the cooker.
4. Let the chicken cool and then shred it into chunky pieces.
5. Take a wide saucepan and add some oil to it. Keep it on a high flame.
6. Add the sliced onions, chopped green chillies and some curry leaves to the pan. Saute well.
7. Once the onions are golden-brown in colour, add the ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
8. Add the chopped tomatoes and mix.
9. Now, add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix well.
10. Now, add the shredded chicken to the pan and mix well until the chicken chunks are completely coated in the masala.
11 Reduce the flame and keep stirring it.
12. Now, pour the chicken stock (the leftover water-content you get from pressure-cooking the chicken) into the pan.
14. Keep mixing and add some chopped coriander leaves.
15. Cook the chicken until the excess stock is evaporated.
16. Once the chicken turns almost dry and the oil starts to separate, add a little more pepper powder and mix.
17. Finally, turn off the stove. Your Pichi Potta Chicken is ready to be served as a side-dish or as a starter